Ultra Bay 4 Portable
The UltraBay 4 Portable is an integrated, high performance combination write-blocker packaged into a protective black, aluminum, actively ventilated enclosure. UltraBay 4 Portable connects to a host computer via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and supports forensic acquisitions of SATA, SAS, USB 3.0, PCIe, FireWire 800/400, and IDE storage devices.
Digital Intelligence drive adapters, including the mSATA and M.2 to SATA SSD, Blade type SSD, SATA LIF, ZIF, and IDE laptop adapters are compatible with the UltraBay 4 Portable. PCIe based SSD's must be connected with included PCIe adapters: PCIe SSD card (TDA7-1), M.2 SSD (TDA7-1), and Apple SSD (TDA7-3). Click on the "Contents" Tab above for a complete list of included items.
Supports modern forensic imaging software.
The UltraBay 4P Includes:
- Ultra Bay 4 Portable universal write-blocker in ventilated enclosure
- Ultra Bay 4 Portable power supply
- m.2 and mSATA SSD to SATA adapter
- PCIe SSD card (TDA7-1) adapter
- PCIe M.2 SSD (TDA7-2) adapter
- PCIe Apple SSD (TDA7-3) adapter
- MicroSATA adapter (TDA3-1)
- Blade style SSD adapter
- TC2-8-R2 Molex to 3M drive power cable, 8"
- TC4-8-R3 Unified SATA/SAS signal and power cable, 8"
- TC6-8 IDE signal cable, 8"
- TC-USB3 USB 3.0 A to B cable, 6'
- TC7-9-9 FireWire 800 9-pin to 9-pin cable, 6'
- PCIe Cable (TC-PCIe)
Connector: Host Side (Rear)
- Data - One (1) USB 3.0 Standard-B Connector
- DC Input - Bayonet style 12V, 3.33A
Connectors: Device, Write-Blocked (Front)
- PCIe - One (1) PCIe custom data _ power connector (for Tableau PCIe cable)
- SATA/SAS - One (1) SATA/SAS data connector (SAS Gen 1, SATA Gen 2)
- SATA - One (1) SATA Gen 3 data connector
- USN 3.0 - One (1) USB 3.0 standard-A connector
- IDE - One (1) IDE signal connector
DC Out (Front)
- One (1) DC out 3M 4-pin drive power connector for SAS, SATA, PCIe, and IDE devices)
- Status LEDs - Six (6) LEDs indicators for Power, Device Detect, Host Detect, Activity, Write-Blocked (lock closed), and Read-Write (lock open)
- Black, aluminum, fan-ventilated cross PCB airflow (front to back)
Host/Computer Interface Compatibility
- USB 3.0 Controllers - Most USB 3.0 controllers should be compatible. For the best USB 3.0 performance ensure the latest host controller drive and BIOS are applied. (Note: The UltraBay 4 Portable does not support UASP, but enabling USB 3.0 controller turbo mode (or equivalent) may improve performance with certain OS and controller/driver combinations
- Host OS - Windows 7, 8, and 10; Mac OS X; Most modern Linux distributions (Note: Linux distributions have varying levels of quality and USB 3.0 support)
Physical / Environmental
- Power: 9.5 watts typical operating (excluding attached storage devices)
- DC IN: +5V @ 1.65 A (min), +12V @ 0.1A (min)
- DC OUT: +5VDC @ 2A, +12VDC @ 2A
- Relative Humidity: Up to 90% (non-condensing)
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 55 degrees C (no airflow)
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 60 degrees C
- One year parts and workmanship from date of purchase
- No cost firmware updates