If you're running Windows 7 and are experiencing host disconnects and/or slow performance with your UltraBay, firewire hotswap bays or other firewire 800 devices check to see that you're running the "Legacy" drivers for your firewire controller.
1. In Device Manager, expand the item "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers".
2. Right-click -> Properties on the first 1394 OHCI Compliant or Texas Instruments Host Controller.
3. In the Driver tab, Click "Update Driver" button.
4. Click on the "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
6. Choose the "1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)" option.
7. Click "Next" and it should install the driver. Do the same for the other controller.