Symptoms: Your UltraBay II is detecting its attached drive per the LCD panel and the Host Detect light is illuminated but Windows 7 Disk Management does not see the attached drive (even after rescanning disks). Or, you have blue screens and difficulties detecting drives inserted into SATA Hotswap bays.
If you have an "Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" driver present in the "Storage controllers" or "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" category of your Device Manager, perform the following:
1. In Device Manager, expand the item "Storage controllers" or "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers".
2. Right-click -> Properties on the "Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller".
3. Click on the "Update Driver Software..." option.
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
6. Choose the "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller".
7. Click "Next" and it should install the driver.
8. Click "Close" and you will be prompted to restart your computer.
9. The OS may then install additional drivers which will require one more restart.